Vehicle test engineer – Reliability & Test
This position will work as a member of Tesla’s reliability and test team to develop and execute vehicle testing for various platforms.
- Conduct vehicle level chassis strength and durability tests at in-house and third party proving grounds
- Conduct vehicle level environmental test like winter performance, water wade, hot weather performance etc.
- Collect proving ground data using wheel force transducers, accelerometers, strain gages, string potentiometers etc.
- Analyze and process proving ground data and check for data integrity
- Conduct vehicle milestone inspections including drive evaluations (handling performance, ride comfort etc.)
- Support firmware upgrades/troubleshooting and diagnostics for test vehicles
- Investigate test failures and make test reports
- Work in close collaboration with vehicle technicians, instrumentation and design teams
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- BS and MS degree in mechanical/automotive engineering
- 3+ years of experience automotive systems汽车系统 (suspension, steering, braking, closures, exteriors etc. )
- Automotive vehicle/systems testing experience, technical report writing and data processing
- Experience with vehicle firmware and diagnosis
- Experience using data acquisition software such as HBM Somat eDAQ and/or Dewesoft
- Experience with CAD software like CATIA, SolidWorks etc.
- Experience with programming in Python is a plus