We are looking for an Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineer for our Team. This position will work as a member of Tesla’s Drive System team. The role is focused on reliability and tests to develop, debug, execute and optimize testing for all our Drive Unit platforms.
- Develop and implement test programs for electric vehicle powertrain units or subcomponents.
- Work with design, test, and reliability engineers to create validation test plans suitable for early prototypes or mass production units.
- Actively participate in design reviews and DFMEAs to shape product towards reliability and deepen understanding of product risks
- Collaborate with test teams to script and analyze test profiles and test result data
- Organize cross functional teams to complete testing on time
- Document, organize, and track testing progress and provide updates to the team and upper management.
- Create test reports and documentation of results and issues
- Coordinate with prototype build team to build and inspect test samples
- Investigate root cause of failures and help to drive product improvement
- Design and fabrication of test equipment as needed
- Perform component and drive unit testing including dyno, vibration, and environmental testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in physical hardware testing
- Automotive component/system testing experience a plus
- Experience with Python, Matlab, or other data analysis software a plus
- Experience creating and executing design validation plans and test methods to validate performance or reliability requirements
- Working knowledge of motors and gearboxes a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- An aptitude and passion for understanding