Our Tesla Support Specialists aren't just technically gifted, they are also great communicators who put the customer first.
As a Tesla Roadside Support Specialist, your role will be to guide our existing customers at their most vulnerable time; when their car has broken down – you are the one to support them and create a memorable and best in class experience. You will join an international and diverse team supporting our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and mobility.
Your main responsibilities will be to solve complex customer cases, that will be handed to you by the first/front line advisors. Your role will be to solve these individual cases and evaluate if a customer can be supported with over the air diagnosis & fixes or needs a tow truck to the nearest service center. You will make the customer feel informed, valued and safe. You can help to deliver customer support in a way that creates an outstanding experience that represents the Tesla brand values.
- Diagnose: You will evaluate, diagnose, review and resolve the needs of customers and work in a creative, pro-active manner to resolve technical roadside queries. You educate owners and make them feel safe whilst orchestrating over the air fixes and/or sending a tow truck to collect the customer/car.
- Coordinate & Stakeholder management: whilst diagnosing customer cases, you will coordinate & collaborate with multiple relevant internal & external stakeholders to precisely and in a timely manner facilitate the best course of action for the customer. You will have frequent contact with the service centers as well as third party tow providers and rental companies.
- Root Cause Analysis: The time you spend on one or multiple related customer cases will vary. You will show resilience and stamina in understanding the root cause of the issue. You can evaluate multiple issues and are quick to make links between previous customer queries. You work together with the Service centers to capture learnings from previous roadside incidents in an effort to streamline and prioritize roadside cases to reduce the costs of towing/rental cars and offer smoother interactions for our customers.
- Represent: You will be part of a customer facing team and represent the (technical) information of many teams directly to the customer. You are Tesla’s voice for escalations and complex issues – in this way you are the representative of our brand, mission and products.
- Communicate: You will handle customer concerns with professionalism, urgency and escalate matters that require senior management concurrence in a timely manner to line management. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are aware of the appropriate behavior (show empathy) when supporting diverse types of customers and complex queries.
- Decision Making: You define the right course of action on a customer by customer case. You make the right decision based on cost, speed, safety and customer experience. You will take the initiative taking and deal with urgent customer queries in a self-organization and efficient manner.
- Administer: As part of a data-driven company, attention to detail is key to helping us do better. You will use our Customer Relationship Management software and other tools to keep an accurate record of support cases and communications.
- Continuous Improvement: You are aware of sales opportunities for service, subscriptions, accessories and are always trying to improve what and how we serve our (existing or future) customers in the best possible way. You will act as an example to the front-line tier support advisors and share your knowledge with them frequently.
- A brand ambassador: you have a genuine affection for Tesla’s products and mission. Especially keeping up with EV industry trends and local incentives. Ability to understand and convey complex business issues and (deep) technical concepts.
- Digitally savvy. We want to offer our existing and future customers an omnichannel experience. This will mean a multitude of channels, from phone to chat, SMS and potentially video.
- Tech savvy. Able to quickly grasp the situation and evaluate the level of support/interference needed. You are able to diagnose and support with relevant follow-up, all whilst keeping the customer at ease.
- Positive, enthusiastic and passionate
- Able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Customer Service environment (customer-facing or related roles in the automotive, helpdesk, hospitality, roadside assistance, emergency dispatch or similar industry) A technical background in IT, automotive or engineering is preferred, however not a necessity.
- A fast learner. We do not expect you to be an expert on day one and our dedicated training team will upskill you quickly.
- A flexible team player: You like collaborating closely with different kinds of people and can work in shifts to support your team. As the Tesla Support center will operate 365 days per year, 24/7 for Roadside Assistance queries, flexible working hours, including bank holidays will be required
- A multi-tasker: You thrive in an ever-changing and fast-moving environment, prioritize effectively and can manage multiple work streams at once.
- Keen to work with an astute attention to detail.
- Show stamina and resilience to get to the bottom of a complex case, regardless of the time this might take.
- Able to stay calm and illustrate you are able to support the customer during what might be experienced as a (highly) stressful situation
- You go the extra mile. You’re able to coach and support junior members of the team and are willing to pick-up additional tasks to drive continuous improvements for our customers as well as the team.
- In possession of a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record.
- Fluent in English and French. Additional languages are a plus.
- Legal right to work in the country you are applying.
- A clear career path with ongoing training and development to allow you to achieve your personal career goals.
- A fast-paced working environment.
- An exciting role within the world’s leading sustainable automotive and technology company, making an impact every day.