The Technical Trainer position will support our Retrofit PV and Powerwall products, across the Installation, Operations, and Service business streams. They will report to the East Coast Residential Energy Training Associate Manager.
As a Tesla Trainer you will be primarily responsible for conducting Instructor Led Trainings (ILT) for our Internal and External Installers so that our workforce is knowledgeable and adheres to the best practices of the company. This will be accomplished through New Hire Onboarding, task qualifications programs, continuing education courses, as well as hands on training in the field.
This individual must be creative, proactive, organized, flexible, and results oriented. Must have outstanding communication, facilitation, and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor.
The ideal candidate must possess a passion for teaching and a willingness to continue their own education as well.
Deliver hands-on, instructor-led, and virtual training sessions for groups of various sizes.
- Assist in the development and review of training content.
- Complete administrative duties to track learner enrollments, attendance, and course completion.
- Maintain expert level knowledge of our products and installation best practices.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with Installation, Quality, Service and Safety teams.
- Actively promote a culture of safety and quality in accordance with Tesla and industry standards.
- Overall responsibility for enhancing training content including:
- Responsible for finding exciting and creative ways to deliver training information and material.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements that increase field safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Drive other projects as needed by executives or as business needs change.
Experience delivering hands-on or instructor-led, technical training preferred.
- NABCEP Certification preferred
- Advanced PV Electrical Knowledge
- Mastery of Installation of PV or Powerwall, preferably both.
Must be able to understand complex information and communicate said information to people with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, define and drive strategy, and attention to details.
- Demonstrated success in complex problem solving
- Professional composure, approachability, and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite and related presentation products is required
- Passionate and empathetic about working with other teams and partners to solve challenges
- Ability to execute on many projects and tasks in parallel, across teams, in a short timeframe, with ability to pivot rapidly
- Excellent written and communication skills and oral fluency in English
- A strong sense of urgency and drive to get things done
- Able to travel as the role requires.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Candidates must successfully complete and pass MVR background check
Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
- Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for extended periods
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
- Must meet all OSHA standards for working at heights including:
- Ability to climb and utilize equipment on site including various ladders rated for 325lbs.
- Must meet OSHA fall protection standards for at height work limited at 310lbs. Standard 1926.502(d)(16)(v): https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1926/1926.502
- Must be able to meet equipment standards for fall protection (harness, anchor, ropes, etc.) with a maximum capacity of 310bs.
Benefits For Full-Time Positions
- Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
- Paid training with the nation’s leader in renewable energy
- Eligibility to receive equity in the company
- Career path opportunities for top performers
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holiday
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts