Tesla is seeking a Technical Program Manager for the Manufacturing Quality Team. Be part of a world-class team to implement and lead assessment and roll-out of improvements across global factories. As a Technical Program Manager, you are responsible for managing controls projects from “cradle to grave”. You will gather the business requirements for multiple concurrent projects across the organization and drive the controls resourcing for these projects from a common engineer pool, identify initiatives between projects and drive opportunities for standardization. You will also act as a primarily liaison across multiple internal/external teams to drive company-wide standardization, organize cross-team collaborative functions and identify new opportunities to share resources.
“Concept to completion” ownership of projects
Work collaboratively with all engineering stakeholders through the various stages of the project: Concept development, prototype testing, engineering design, system build, integration, and testing.
Drive vendor partnership working closely with supply chain and purchasing team and ensure alignment on engineering requirements, scope, schedule and cost.
Drive requirements and solutions with all internal stakeholders such as infrastructure, logistics, controls, software and manufacturing engineering teams for the success of the project.
Own and drive internal operations during the install, commission, testing and integration phases of the project.
Set goals, track deliverables, identify risk and drive mitigations across all stages of the project.
Own execution and completion of multiple projects, as needed.
Continuously develop and adapt processes and methodologies to the team’s needs.
Identify resource requirements and highlight gaps across various stages for all projects.
Own report-outs for all projects, highlighting status, risks, mitigation's and opportunities across all levels of management within Tesla.
Manage roadmap of projects working within the framework of the overall program.
- BA/BS, MS in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 1 to 3 years working in product development, ideally with multiple delivered products in a medium to high volume industry.
- Experience in technical program or project management, ideally with multiple delivered projects of medium ($1-25M+) to large sized capital equipment systems.
- Experience developing processes and methodologies to suit specific engineering workflows desired.
- Experience in Production/Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrates abilities to understand complex development projects and identify critical elements
- Knowledge of JIRA and diverse continuous integration workflows is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; Ability to communicate across cultures and geographic regions