Tesla’s Manufacturing Engineering team is at the forefront of building cutting edge machines. This team is building the next generation assembly lines which allows our operations team produce amazing vehicles at best in class quality and rate; in a safe and ergonomic environment.
The Gigafactory Manufacturing Equipment Design (GMED) team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to focus on supporting the scaling of our operations. In this role, you will function as the key liaison with Business Stakeholders and their respective Program Managers, as well as Technical Engineering teams during the development and execution of key strategic programs and initiatives. The Program Manager will work intimately with the core Program/Project team to manage high visibility and high value programs and initiatives and have the ability to apply program/project management skills to assure the timely and efficient execution of a portfolio of projects. Technical engineering knowledge is crucial to be able to effectively define and manage project and operational KPIs, assess technical and commercial risk, and critically challenge engineering decisions made in a cross-functional setting.
- Define, implement and drive project requirements, workflows and plans while managing timelines, resources, communications, quality, risks, uncovering roadblocks, defining critical paths, identifying resource constraints, and any other issues that arise
- Finalize project scope, define initial assumptions, and secure project resources
- Monitor budgetary and CAPX spend
- Work with business leaders, program managers and executives to identify the success criteria of the project
- Provide insight around potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution and deliver results
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times, including resource allocations, tracking hours, monitoring schedules, milestones, deliverables, updating percentage completion, etc.
- Continuously monitor and measure project processes and activities to identify and communicate potential issues, risks, or problems in a timely fashion and provide corrective action options to drive to resolution
- Lead cross-functional teams including resource & dependency alignment, coordination of activities, and transparent communication of project status and risk
- Escalate schedule delays due to issues and risks
- Track and manage change requests to scope and obtain approval if necessary
- Lead onsite installation and commissioning efforts
- Create formal project communication plans key project metrics and dashboards for project status communication
- Conduct project evaluations, post-mortems, and drive process change to incorporate learning
- Other duties as required to meet program goals
- Bachelor or Masters in Engineering, and 5-10 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a fast paced, highly fluid environment or other evidence of exceptional ability. PMP/MBA preferred but not required.
- Experience in Production/Manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Confluence, JIRA
- Familiarity in several Agile principles – Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Self-organized, outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated, applied experience delivering complex programs and projects
- Experience working in time critical and fast-paced product development
- Experience working with complex electromechanical assembly lines
- Ability to develop and implement effective project management tools
- Travel required