The Supply Chain System Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent and coordinated efforts exist in a focused commodity that span several Global Supply Management teams.
The goal: Delivery on-time execution of supplier readiness through driven coordination of cross-functional teams related to Tesla sourced components.
- Connect and coordinate activities between Programs, Engineering, Global Supply Management, Supplier Industrialization, Planning, Logistics, New Program Introduction and Finance to ensure seamless component and product launch, while also limiting exposure to supplier liability/ excess inventory during coordinated program phase-out
- Collect information and generate presentations to clearly and concisely communicate risk to executive team
- Develop timelines to plan out part readiness against program timing
- Develop relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure steady flow of information
- Understand a broad range of manufacturing processes, both at suppliers and internally to better identify and mitigate potential risks
- Represent Supply Chain team for risk mitigation and escalation discussions with Executive team, in collaboration with commodity Group Manager
- Understand sourcing process, and drive team for timing and execution accountability
- Develop robust systems to track progress of critical manufacturing equipment installation programs
- Proactively engage with cross-functional stakeholders to plan and roll out integrated systems
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in program management with either automotive or manufacturing experience
- Master’s degree or higher, engineering preferred and/or relevant experience.
- Excellent communications skills with ability to influence cross functional stakeholders: Programs, Design, Global Supply Management, Supplier Industrialization, Planning, Logistics, New Program Introduction and Finance
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills. Advanced Excel skills (macros, VBA, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to establish business process issues and drive process improvement.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Organizational skills to manage transactional details.