The Tesla Construction Procurement team is looking to hire skilled construction procurement analyst to execute the infrastructure development sourcing strategy for the Gigafactory Texas project. This person should have in-depth knowledge of construction services, procurement procedures, and knowledge of local regulations pertaining to large scale construction projects. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Support the Gigafactory Texas procurement team in building its local supply chain. Interview and prequalify vendors prior to awarding scope.
- Manage the procure-to-pay process for all construction services.
- Analyze potential vendors to ensure they meet Tesla prequalification standards.
- Establish measurement metrics and tools to monitor progress, such as tracking labor and productivity burn rates
- Act as the lead procurement point of contact for approving vendors site access alongside our internal stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the Gigafactory Texas contractor onboarding process.
- Own and manage multiple procurement systems for purchasing and compliance
- Validate vendor documentation to ensure it is in compliance with contracts
- Support Supply Chain Managers and construction team with contract compliance issues
- Drive process optimization for all compliance and procurement procedures
- Support Global Supply Managers in organization and execution of tenders for construction, engineering, design, and equipment.
- Manage cost in WARP system
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Provide overall Procurement administrative support as needed
At least two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in construction procurement, contract administration, or procurement governance.
- Additional experience in project controls or construction management preferred.
- Experience supporting large-scale tenders for construction services
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Bluebeam and/or Acrobat, PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of construction contracts
- Excellent analytical and judgement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
- Open-minded self-started with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills