- Review Tesla s requirements from a supplier perspective drive process improvements to help suppliers be successful.
- Create, improve and deploy key process documentation, supplier onboarding requirements and training.
- Identify common failure modes, determine appropriate response and drive resolution.
- Frequent direct interaction with suppliers - over email, over the phone, and in person via site visits.
- Develop, deploy and maintain KPIs on supplier performance. Create visibility within the supplier and with internal stakeholders (including Global Supply Management) on supplier performance and areas needing remediation and improvement.
- Roles within the team will include both those located in a central office environment and co-located in warehouses with colleagues who receive materials from suppliers and can identify performance. Additionally some staff may be deployed in supplier locations to drive hands on training and support at supplier locations.
- Complete other tasks arranged by leader.
- Bachelors in Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering or similar quantitative discipline. CPIM or APIC training is a plus.
- Work experience in supply chain, manufacturing or other process critical operations and/or relevant experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Detail oriented and organized meticulous in identifying and diagnosing problems and careful in drawing right conclusions and solutions.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data to enable operational decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership.
- Passionate and relentless in following up on issues until a final resolution achieved and sustained process improvements are deployed and verified.
- Great communicator, both internally with the team and with other Tesla stakeholders as well as externally with suppliers comfortable having difficult conversations.
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in an unstructured and fast paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key.
Experience with automotive supply chains and processes a significant plus.