This role encompasses an unique challenge to drive defectivity to sub 1ppb levels and scale production at suppliers as Tesla scales across the globe. Tesla’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making.
Responsibilities of The Role:
- Review component specification and approve their PPAPs.
- Spearhead Root cause analysis and permanent countermeasures with the manufacturer, direct the cross functional team of engineers, GSMs and QE with appropriate mitigation strategies
- Monitor recipes, device appropriate DOEs to implement new processes/recipes.
- Work cross functionally with design and reliability engineering team, understand the system level requirement and analyze the component level performance to be able to meet those.
- Monitor the supplier’s yield very minutely and take appropriate actions to predict and resolve excursions.
- Audit, assess and oversee equipment performance & monitor implemented process controls at several suppliers.
- Assess Supplier’s PFMEA and manufacturing process controls and drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor Supplier Production Capacity (Operations management)
Nice to have:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering/Material Science/Physics + 5 years; Masters+2 years in the fields mentioned is a plus.
- Understands Statistical Process Control, demonstrates experience of enhancing SPC programs and has solid knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Has thorough knowledge of passives (resistors, capacitors, fuses, magnetics).
- Detailed understanding of AEC-Q, RoHS and IPC and other such standards/requirements
- Has experience of failure analysis and material analysis techniques – SEM/EDX, TEM, XRF, XRD, CSAM, etc.
- Experience using microscope, milli-Ohm meter, LCR meter, x-ray, die penetrant, C-SAM, curve tracing a plus
- Has experience with NPI activities for high volume manufacturing
- Understands applications of Cpk, GR&Rs and process qualification methodologies.
- Supplier development and management experience
- Domestic and international travel (expected 25% of the time) is required to engage with suppliers, sometimes on short notice.
- Has certification on QMS
- Good understanding of cross-functional packaging areas Silicon floor plan, package layout and architecture, enabling process technologies, thermal, mechanical, SI/PI, material, ball map optimization