This role encompasses an unique challenge to drive defectivity to sub 1ppb levels and scale production at suppliers as Tesla scales across the globe. Tesla’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making.Responsibilities of The Role:
- Evaluate specifications and quality of magnetic component and approve their PPAPs.
- Work with manufacturers on component development and lead resolutions to achieve mass production.
- Spearhead Root cause analysis and permanent countermeasures with the manufacturer, direct the cross functional team of engineers, GSMs and QE with appropriate mitigation strategies
- Work cross functionally with design and reliability engineering team, understand the system level requirement and analyze the component level performance to be able to meet those.
- Work with foundry and OSAT to bring packaging solution from concept to production
- Monitor the supplier’s yield very minutely and take appropriate actions to predict and resolve excursions.
- Audit, assess and oversee equipment performance & monitor implemented process controls at several suppliers.
- Assess Supplier’s PFMEA and manufacturing process controls and drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor Supplier Production Capacity (Operations management)
Nice to have:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering/Material Science/Physics + 4 years (preferred)
- Understands Statistical Process Control, demonstrates experience of enhancing SPC programs and has solid knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Has experience of failure analysis and material analysis techniques – SEM/EDX, TEM, XRF, XRD, CSAM, spectrum analyzer, etc.,
- Detailed understanding of JEDEC, AEC-Q, RoHS and IPC and other such standards/requirements
- Has experience with NPI activities for high volume manufacturing
- Understands applications of Cpk, GR&Rs and process qualification methodologies.
- Supplier development and management experience
- Domestic and international travel (expected 25% of the time) is required to engage with suppliers, sometimes on short notice.
- Has certification on QMS.