Tesla is looking for an MEP expert to join our Infrastructure Design Engineering team. This person will have a thorough understanding of MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Process and Control) systems. They will be a technical advisor providing guidance and review of conceptual through detailed MEP designs to produce cutting-edge utility systems that are fully integrated with manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate will have experience working with large, complex projects, provide innovative solutions that are super-efficient and robust, and be able to multi-task and communicate risks to multiple stake holders.
- High-level review of MEP design work to ensure every design maintains the highest level of quality
- Continually develop and improve upon project workflows and standards to ensure each design is consistently excellent
- Provide technical expertise to the MEP design engineering team and other groups within organization, including Engineer of Record (EOR)
- Lead strategic decisions about technologies, materials, and processes, to build reliable utilities that are cost effective
- Ensure design satisfies the construction requirements and is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations that are relevant to the project
- Develop & own engineering design standards in order to drive quality
Bachelor’s Degree in either Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Control Engineering and evidence of exceptional experience
- Candidate must have at least 12 years of engineering experience in any of the above disciplines and 5 years of multi-discipline lead experience
- A wide variety of hands-on experience including simulation, troubleshooting, design and operation of MEP utilities
- Ability to adapt, multi-task, and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment with evolving changes in design requirements
- Ability to collaborate with multiple engineering disciplines
- Expert knowledge of OSHA, ASME, NFPA and building codes
- Working knowledge of Bluebeam
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Desire to do the impossible with a positive and professional “never say die” attitude.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) strongly preferred.