Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
The Supplier Industrialization Engineer is one key role in supply chain to work with engineer, purchase, and other SIEs together to make sure new project/components launched successfully. He/She will visit suppliers frequently to understand the capability, capacity, quality, as well as trouble shooting to have supply smoothly.
Position is also responsible for setting up teams, chairing meetings, and ensuring supplier conformance to Tesla’s requirements.
- Be an expert in all things related to the suppliers, have solid supplier management experience.
- Have deep understanding on supplier’s assessment basing on Tesla audit requirements and specially know how to dig out the supplier’s potential without being told.
- Have strong sense on cost, quality and delivery, influence team to have best choice in supplier selection.
- Leading APQP and PPAP, and having strong discipline and self-management to work on component qualification.
- Strong quality tool knowledge and lots of practice how the quality tool being used in different scenery, understand trouble shooting and reports.
- Has strong capacity analysis and evaluation capability
- Frequent direct interaction with suppliers - over email, over the phone, and in person via site visits.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data to enable operational decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership.
- Passionate and relentless in following up on issues until a final resolution achieved and sustained process improvements are deployed and verified.
- Great communicator, both internally with the team and with other Tesla stakeholders as well as externally with suppliers – comfortable having difficult conversations.
- Flexibility and adaptability are key.
Experience with automotive supply chains and processes a significant plus.