The Senior Manager of Production will report to the Director of Manufacturing and will be responsible for meeting the production forecast and driving continuous improvement through the manufacturing process. They will hands-on support, leadership, and direction to the Maintenance, Engineering, and Sub assembly teams for production.
- Drive manufacturing team to achieve established targets for daily going rate (DGR) and on-time shipments (OTS).
- Maintain high product quality and manufacturing yield while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherences to best safety practices.
- Hire, coach, lead and develop approximately 200 hourly team members, and 5 - 10 to direct reports (Production, Maintenance, and Engineering Managers). Conduct team member training.
- Monitor metrics and Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) to assess productivity and cost management.
- Help with implementation of and continued adherence to Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Assess and analyze current practices and drive improves.
- Partner and Coordinate with Design, Engineering, Body Paint and Assembly to resolve issues and concerns.
- Enforce proper material management procedures.
- Support and collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Test and Quality departments
- Prior management experience of similarly sized Manufacturing, Maintenance and Engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience with electro-mechanical assembly.
- The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to pro-actively communicate with all employees and works well in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with process improvement methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Well organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through.
- Good understanding of mechanical and standardized processes.
- Ability to use problem solving methods and techniques to successfully and efficiently resolve problems.
- Ability to foster a close working relationship with team members and management.
- BSME/BSEE or production engineering degree preferred
- 10 years related manufacturing experience, 3+ years supervisory/management experience
- High-level leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite