The EHS Specialist /Sr Specialist is responsible for complex technical work within a wide range of EHS disciplines across. The EHS Specialist / Sr Specialist supports day-to-day operations by managing a number of EHS processes including developing safety trainings and participating in the auditing process. EHS Specialists play a key role in the incident reporting and analysis process and work closely with Supervisors and associates across multiple business units to develop and implement corrective actions preventing reoccurrence. They will also work with Supervisors to implement best practices for within a comprehensive safety management system.
Support day-to-day EHS operations and process management in the Paint Center
- Own departmental industrial hygiene program and coordinate with Global IH team
- Assist with day to day adherence to Process Safety Management programs and requirements
- Develop and maintain strong communication between all organizations within factory production operations
- Assist with the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of EHS management system processes
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal environmental, health, and safety regulations
- Lead incident analyses to determine root cause(s), prevention, and corrective measures
- Design safe work spaces and create policies for employees to follow that minimize job-related hazards
- Provide support for EHS programs such as LOTO, Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, etc.
- Develop and conduct education and training for processes required in your department
3+ years of experience within an environmental, health and safety role (EHS Specialist)
- 8+ years of experience within an environmental health and safety role (Sr. EHS Specialist)
- 1+ years of direct Industrial Hygiene experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety, Ergonomics, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or Safety-related discipline
- Experience with process safety management
- Certifications – ASP/CSP certification highly preferred
- Knowledge of Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies and requirements.
- Practical, hands-on experience with LOTO, Confined Space, Process Safety, Machine Guarding, Ergonomics, Providing education / training, Risk assessment, Incident Analysis
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with Supervisors and Associates
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Evidence of exceptional ability