Tesla is looking for an experienced BIM/VDC Engineer. This person will be directly responsible for coordinating construction models for various Tesla facilities in Bay area. The ideal candidate will have experience working with large, complex projects and have the ability to multi-task and collaborate with several technical disciplines.
- The Senior BIM/VDC Engineer is expected to provide both management and design skills in support of a detailed and accurate BIM model.
- The Senior (Lead) position will set the course for the digital delivery of the large and fast-moving project, working with discipline leads and executive management.
- Responsible for proper set up and maintenance of large federated building models involving 8-10 design and engineering disciplines. Projects are typically cloud-hosted and span across multiple internal and external design teams in different geographies and timezones.
- Directly responsible for the coordination model produced by the Design Team, Trade Contractors and other third party vendors under their direction.
- Responsible for integrating the work of both the layout team and various tool-line owners working on a given project as well as coordinating the efforts of the team using the model for planning and conceptual work.
- Hand off the completed model/as-built to their facilities counterpart to maintain for future projects.
- Scope of responsibility will include overall accuracy & completeness of the models, physical & operational spatial coordination, and timely implementation and resolution of any issues according to an aggressive schedule.
- Work with engineers, trades, and designer professionals to develop an integrated model delivery approach and lead clash detection sessions with a focus on optimizing the construction process and driving quality and value.
- Introduce, support and oversee the implementation of industry leading BIM technology.
- Identify conflicts with Architectural, Structural and other MEP design elements and present well thought-out and cost effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil, Architectural, or Mechanical Engineering and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- 8-10+ years of hands-on experience working with Trades on construction of high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.).
- Proven expertise in Revit, Navisworks and reality capture applications.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, IFC, data interoperability and general awareness of other BIM and parametric design applications
- Experience with scripting and/or visual programming automation tools (Dynamo and Python). Mastery preferred.
- Experience interfacing with construction and cost control on quantity takeoffs and alignment between Work Breakdown Structure based cost tracking and BIM parameters