The Lead Installer will be part of Tesla’s Field Energy Operations team. As a leader at Tesla, the Crew Lead will continuously model to others Tesla standards and responsibilities including policy compliance, quality standards, and efficiency goals. The ideal candidate will work cooperatively with team members to successfully complete the installation and maintenance of energy products safely and on time.
Considered a subject matter expert in energy system installation and is capable of training and mentoring others, may be responsible for a group or team
- Able to supervise the jobsite and proactively guides and trains team members to ensure compliance
- Able to install and commission energy systems on roofs including array layout, and mounting hardware based on site conditions and customers’ needs and expectations
- Proactively resolves equipment and system issues and is able to troubleshoot and overcome obstacles onsite.
- Applies advanced knowledge to improve processes and proactively reviews workmanship onsite
- Collaborates with warehouse team to ensure all materials and equipment necessary for installation are available onsite and communicates job status to customer and leadership
- Able to understand productivity goals and drive team members to improve efficiency
- Ensures that equipment is weather sealed
- Performs routine maintenance on energy systems
- Capable of completing work both with a team and as a lone worker
- Attend weekly team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of PV equipment and installation
- Experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry preferred
- Extensive knowledge of electrical wiring and equipment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read building plans and equipment manuals
- Ability to safely handle power tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Able to bend conduit unassisted.
- Excellent customer service and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills preferred
- Excellent attendance is essential for the team to achieve success
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business need. Employees must be able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, several times a year, to various locations within the US.
- Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.) Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
- As a full time, Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for
- you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and United Health care PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discount
Must Meet All OSHA standards for working at heights, including:
- Ability to climb and utilize equipment on site including various ladders rated for 325 lbs.
- Must meet OSHA fall protection standards for at height work limited at 310lbs. Standard 1926.502(d)(16)(v): https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1926/1926.502
- Must be able to meet equipment standards for fall protection (harness, anchor ropes, etc.) with a maximum capacity of 310 lbs.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 - $37.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Solar: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place