Disclaimer: This position is expected to start in May/June 2021 and continue for a minimum of 12 weeks, up to a maximum of 12 months. Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
The Vehicle Systems Integration Team represents the heart of Tesla. Our multidisciplinary team owns features and functions that enable the entirety of Tesla’s vehicle systems to work in unison. This team is on the forefront of any new vehicle development, and we are currently looking for a Project Management Intern to facilitate the day-to-day activities and management of our internal prototype vehicle fleet.
- Leverage engineering tools and platforms to manage and track usage, development and programs across the entire global prototype vehicle fleet
- Prioritize and triage engineering vehicle development work and prototype vehicle requests
- Oversee vehicle logistics and transport, particularly for new vehicle program launches
- Coordinate with Finance and Inventory teams on vehicle allocation and classification
- Manage vehicle preparation for changing assignments and new initiatives
- Implement regional vehicle utilization policies and regulations
- Pursuing a BS/MS degree with evidence of equivalent experience and exceptional skills
- Familiarity with software development processes and knowledge of Jira, or an equivalent Project Tracking Software System
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex development projects and identify critical elements
- Excellent work ethic, communication, organization and collaboration skills
- Ability to work cross functionally between engineering, inventory, sales, finance, and workplace teams
- Ability to adapt quickly in a very fast paced environment. You like simultaneous opportunities and challenges in a rapidly evolving company
- Passion for the future of transportation and electric vehicle technologies