Tesla is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join the Production Test Engineering (PTE) Team. The software engineer will be responsible for developing, deploying and validating automated test systems for both the energy and vehicle products that Tesla produces. As a member of the PTE Team, we require strong engineering skills, a passion to push boundaries and the drive to make our designs successful and contribute to our growing software stack. In addition, have the ability to collaborate with teams from other departments.
- Develop efficient, scalable and resilient software with an orientation towards the performance of the system
- Work closely with the test hardware engineers and product design engineers to develop reliable, and automated test fixtures test software for powertrain end of line testing
- Troubleshoot, define, and initiate corrective actions based on error logs and failure modes for the equipment that’s in production.
- Advise various stakeholders on the technical issues that affect the product design, production cycle-time & cost.
- Maintains up-to-date thorough knowledge of applicable product design and test specification changes.
- Validation and characterization of new equipment and fixtures for introduction to the production floor.
- Research and benchmark competitive technologies and innovative designs.
- BS in CS with 3+ years of experience or MS CS with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience in programming one of the following programming languages: C, Python, C++, or Golang(preferred)
- Ability to write modular and maintainable code
- Strong software architecture fundamentals, data structures & critical thinking
- Experience in GIT version control
- Knowledge of all applicable electrical standards related to EV Powertrain Design plus
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator
Other desired skills/qualities:
- Detail-oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills. Passionate about Tesla’s mission statement.
- Can-Do attitude.
- Ability to handle constructive criticism