Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the Team
The Systems Integration Team owns the architecture and design that enables all of Tesla’s vehicle systems to work in unison. Our multidisciplinary team is on the forefront of new vehicle development, and contributes cross functionally to a variety of areas, including hardware, firmware, and more.
We are currently looking for a full stack software engineering intern to build highly leveraged tools to bolster our integration systems. This will entail building full stack systems for real time vehicle data streams, manipulation of vehicle data across both the global and prototype fleets, and building services to allow Tesla’s engineering organization to develop, validate, and iterate more quickly.
- Create, maintain and expand design of Tesla’s internal engineering tools related to harnesses, devices, vehicles, factory diagnostics, and vehicle firmware
- Participate in next generation feature and tool development, system architecture definition, end-to-end implementation from early prototype to full production release
- Own and support existing software and hardware tools by scaling them for use across the entire engineering organization worldwide while maintaining reliability
- Write translators (APIs) between applications and various internal and third-party design software packages
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement architectural improvements for faster engineering design cycle iterations
Pursuing a BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent with some courses in electronics/electrical engineering
Python development experience (2.x, 3.x)
- Experience with web technologies and web frameworks (React/Node/Dash/PHP/CSS, etc.)
- Experience with workflow management platforms (Airflow or similar)
- Basic knowledge of stream processing systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar)
- Experience with scalable map-reduce data processing preferred (Spark, Hadoop, or similar)
- Basic knowledge of machine learning and data analytics
- Experience with at least one of MySQL/Postgres/NoSQL databases
- Experience with containerization (Docker or similar)
- Experience with build systems, automation, continuous integration (Rundeck, Jenkins or similar)
- Experience in building highly scalable architectures
- Experience working in a number of different projects