Tesla is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Tax Analyst to join its Global Tax Team. This individual will be responsible for supporting our expanding Americas’ tax function, which requires support to markets including Mexico, Canada, and Puerto Rico, among others. This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization and make an immediate impact.
- Prepare and review tax workpapers/returns across multiple taxing jurisdictions.
- Manage relationship and document flow with multiple external CPA firms.
- Participate in the quarterly corporate income tax provision processes.
- Manage calendar, maintaining due dates for tax filings and payments.
- Conduct tax research in multiple taxing jurisdictions, including new markets in Central and South America.
- Actively partner with cross functional groups within the company to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, considered and communicated.
- Participate in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve tax function.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Tax and/or Finance.
- CPA and/or MST strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of tax experience with Big 4 firm and/or Fortune 500 company.
- Experience with income tax and VAT in Mexico or other Central and South American countries.
- Experience with US/Canada corporate taxation preferred.
- Experience with ASC 740 accounting for income tax preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with teams across the globe.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot Tables, macros, etc.).
- Must be a self-starter who handles multiple projects with competing priorities with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytic and problem solving abilities, able to research complex tax matters in different jurisdictions.
- Strong multitasking skills; organized and attentive to details.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with all levels of personnel across disciplines, business units and outside contracts.
- Positive attitude, eager to learn and willing to take on challenges.
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Fluency in Spanish.