Tesla is looking for a Senior Revenue Accounting Analyst to join the finance team responsible for the accounting and reporting of global energy & solar revenue (order to cash). You will oversee the month-end revenue close, interface extensively with all aspects of the business and external auditors as needed. The role requires someone who has experience operating in a fast paced public company environment (tight reporting deadlines, global operations) and requires 'out of the box' thinking to scale business processes efficiently.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high performing professional to join a lean and dynamic team and provide strategic business insights. The ideal candidate will be familiar with GAAP revenue recognition and its practical application to field operations of the Company’s energy revenue streams. The candidate must be detail oriented, highly collaborative, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects.
- Oversee energy & solar revenue recognition, accounts receivable and deferred revenue for US and international entities. Work closely with management and external auditors to ensure the company is compliant with the latest revenue recognition rules and SOX
- Responsible for the monthly revenue close, which includes detailed analytics, review of transaction processing, and SEC reporting schedule preparation
- Drive process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making.
- Review large revenue contracts and provide accounting treatment for management review
- Other ad hoc projects
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP revenue recognition principles and ability to apply
- Eager to design operational process and manage process improvement projects
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting
- Ability to balance multiple projects with aggressive timelines
- At least 4 years Big 4 audit and/or public company experience
- CPA and SEC experience preferred
- Desire to work in an extremely fast paced environment and partner with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to problem solving, attention to detail and follow through