Tesla’s Cell Operations group is looking for a highly motivated individual to drive technical projects within an exciting new manufacturing facility. This is a cross-functional role that requires coordination between many different groups within and outside of Tesla. You will drive the development and deployment of new technical projects within existing manufacturing lines, while also managing the ramp of development lines as needed.
You will drive technical projects and improvements from concept through design, install, integration, qualification, ramp, and handover to production. You will use your technical engineering background to understand the line, construction requirements, equipment, process, quality and product requirements; technical risks; and strategy for deployment and ramp; and use these to define the manufacturing program plan. You will communicate and present project status, highlight schedule risk, and develop recovery plans in the event of a project slip.
- Drive technical projects from concept through handover to production, acting as single point of contact across multiple teams as necessary with a main operations focus
- Define manufacturing program plans, outlining strategy, scope, schedule, resource requirements, and cost targets. Work with various engineering functions and cross-functional teams to drive the manufacturing program towards the plan.
- Create, maintain, communicate, and present schedules for manufacturing engineering projects to the engineering leadership team.
- Define and drive tasks to be performed by the cross-functional team. Prioritize team project work based on schedule, risk, resources, and payback. Track status of projects and action items against the schedule.
- Identify creative ways to overcome obstacles and meet the schedule despite setbacks.
- Drive review, selection, budget and schedule of external equipment automation vendors and integrators for delivery of selected manufacturing project scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering (or similar technical engineering discipline), and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- 3-5 years working in a manufacturing environment, in a mix of engineering and project management roles.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of engineering projects for mass-produced products.
- Demonstrated experience creating, maintaining and communicating schedules
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage large teams across disciplines ranging from controls, process engineering, equipment engineering, and quality.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence, Wrike, and other project management tools.
- Availability for travel domestic/international as required, sometimes multiple weeks at a time.
- Knowledge and understanding of Battery Cell technology, manufacturing a definite plus.
Knowledge and understanding of high-speed metal stamping equipment and manufacturing a definite plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or other 2D/3D design tools is a plus.