Tesla’s Robotics Engineering team designs, builds, and integrates fully in-house autonomous robotic systems to power the next generation of highly scalable and flexible manufacturing lines across Tesla's growing factory and product portfolio. The team joins mechanical, electrical, software, and manufacturing engineering disciplines in a highly collaborative team.
- Plan, define and implement development of new robotics products to maximize scalability and flexibility of Tesla’s manufacturing and logistics systems.
- Oversee activities related to product design, lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analyst, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Lead efforts to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality by working with engineering and business stakeholders including finance
- Act as a liaison with product design and development team to ensure processes and designs are compatible and scalable
- Establish equipment specifications to measure business impact and utilize them in decision making processes
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel creating the product to ensure efficient operation of the function.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA, or equivalent in experience
- 3+ years of experience in product management, product development and in shipping quality products that had customer impact with evidence of exceptional ability
- Experience having shipped customer facing products that delivered business impact and customer satisfaction.
- Passionate about working with other businesses and partners to solve their specific challenges while putting customer trust and experience first
- Proven history of converting learnings from customer insights into tangible product features that customers love
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use data and metrics for making assumptions and decisions
- Ability to successfully work with cross range of teams including engineering, UX, legal, finance, sales and operations
- Good understanding and working experience in technology development best practices (such as, Agile, etc.) and product management technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders