Tesla has an outstanding regional opportunity for skilled Design Manager to join our dynamic Retail Development team. The Design Manager will manage the design and permitting phases of new Tesla Centers (primarily in North America). We’re seeking self-motivated professionals proficient in Revit to drive projects. The role will be regionally based in the Southeast U.S.
- Oversee and own the execution of the design development process – from test fit, concept design, management of survey and due diligence, issue for bid (IFB) and issue for construction (IFC) packages with external consultants. Coordinate all technical and business needs required from stakeholders and transform them into a concept drawing based on site-specific conditions.
- Manage survey, drawing, and permitting schedule with internal and external business partners to ensure deliverables align with internal milestones.
- Produce design concept documents, presentations drawings and design details.
- Review construction documents, shop drawings and answer RFI’s to ensure execution of the design intent.
- Ability to understand and communicate work letters to consultant scope.
- Demonstrate the agility required to quickly shift focus between tasks in order to deliver on multiple design projects.
- Perform zoning checks and have general knowledge of building codes. Experience in entitlements process is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Architecture or equivalent experience plus evidence of exceptional ability.
- 7+ years of experience in the Architectural field required.
- Design management or Architectural firm experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and 3D Sketchup.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and through drawings/sketches.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing knowledge to coordinate utilities with outside consultants.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to drive results.