Baler Maintenance Technician
Description and Requirements
The successful Equipment Maintenance Technician candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to perform daily tasks required to ensure the operational availability of assembly equipment.
The successful candidate must be dedicated to perform troubleshooting skills on Automotive manufacturing equipment. They must also be dedicated to the daily tasks/TPM/PM and follow up actions required. Moreover, they must be dedicated to conducting the routine actions and documenting any/all abnormalities. They will be integral to driving equipment OEE improvements to meet the production requirements.
- Lead the day to day equipment TPM/PM activities to ensure operational availability including but not limited to responses to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Oversee analysis and adjustment of maintenance practices and procedures and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Lead continuous improvement processes to improve machine uptime and reduce machine breakdowns.
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and quality issues.
- Train and develop team members.
- Create, modify, and implement PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the Maintenance Management.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds (some weekends and holidays required).
- Design, fabricate, implement, and fully document equipment improvements and modifications.
- 2+ years of extensive experience maintaining industrial equipment and automation or equivalent.
They will have skills in industrial maintenance, encompassing the following areas:
- Must have expertise in one trade, proficiency in others, and the willingness to learn additional.
- Ability to lead others to achieve company goals.
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Experience in recycling equipment is highly desired.
- Good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office and e-mail programs.
- Overtime and weekends as needed.