We’re looking for a highly motivated quality leader to build and lead world class manufacturing teams at Tesla’s Gigafactory in Texas. You will be responsible for ensuring all processes, products and incoming parts meet or exceed Tesla specifications. You will also be responsible for developing new specifications, establishing new processes, and identifying and mitigating manufacturing risks associated with our products and processes. The ideal candidate will have a track record of solving complex problems, leading and building a team of engineers, and the drive to excel in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
Develop and maintain PFMEAs, control plans, standards, and test/inspection procedures to identify and eliminate risks associated with our products and processes.
Establish, monitor, and drive improvement to production and quality KPIs.
Build and develop a world class engineering team to support all aspects of manufacturing quality.
Identify and drive corrective and preventative actions related to quality excursions, containments, and field service issues.
Support qualification and validation of new products and new production lines.
Collaborate with internal supply chain and external suppliers to drive continual improvement of supplier quality.
Drive investigations and improvement to overall field quality.
Support production operations to achieve both production and quality objectives.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in Quality leadership with focus on production lines.
- Proven ability to build and lead a strong team in a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in root cause analysis, statistical analysis, and complex problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize in highly dynamic production environment.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.