Tesla is seeking a Quality Control Engineer (Mechanical) to assist with the development of the site-specific QA/QC program at its Gigafactory in Sparks, NV. In this role, you will develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the Tesla standards, specifications and applicable codes. You will establish and maintain working relationships with engineers, construction managers, contractors, subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the site-specific QC Program is followed for all projects.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics, code, and compliance requirements at all times.
- Executes specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation deliveries and activities on site.
- Confirm that scopes of work installation conforms to approved Design drawings, specifications, code, and method.
- Performs construction complete inspection checks.
- Document daily QC reports (inspections, equipment, material, non-conformance, etc.).
- Issue relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, write non-conformances reports to Construction and contractor teams.
- Document weekly status reports (non-conformance, corrective actions, etc.).
- Review contractor’s inspections and third-party testing/inspections for alignment with site requirements.
- Witness the tests, controls and inspections
- Guarantee inspection status control for parts of the site within area of responsibility, authorizing the acceptance of installation
- Obtain relevant documentation and ensure the correct implementation of the Inspection Test Plans.
- Attend mechanical, process, plumbing, and fire protection inspections with contractor representatives.
- Assist and coordinate final handover documentation (QC documents, test reports, inspection reports, etc.).
- Review contractor’s Daily Construction Reports (DCRs).
- Create and oversee the completion of construction punch lists
- Work with construction team and AHJ to facilitate inspections / close permits
- Ensure work is being performed in a safe manner and confirms to Tesla’s safety culture
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of five years’ experience in quality assurance or equivalent
- Knowledge of the construction process, means and methods, best practices, and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances
- Understanding of mechanical, process, and plumbing systems
- Ability to research building codes (IMC, IPC, ASME, SMACNA and NFPA) and interpret the requirements against installed product
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Knowledge of welding and welding processes (CWI is a plus but not required)
- Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required