The Tesla Energy Operations Team is a group of highly skilled, uniquely talented people passionate about working together towards the goal of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. As a leader at Tesla, we expect a proven track record of successfully managing, training, and coaching a team to success. We are seeking tenacious leaders who have what it takes to accelerate the world towards a more sustainable future. Come join us!
An Installation Supervisor is primarily engaged in the supervision, mentorship, and guidance of a local installation team so they are able to continuously develop as employees, whilst delivering to Tesla standards. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day hands-on supervision on site to the Field Energy Operations team and report to the regional Associate Manager on safety, quality, and efficiency metrics. The Installation Supervisor will coordinate with all regional staff on materials, logistics, permits and inspections to ensure the full job cycle is complete, exceeding expectations for the customers.
Training: At Tesla, we provide employees with top-notch training and support for success and expect high level of integrity and workmanship to lead our teams to improve the lives of our customers and the world. We prioritize a pathway for career growth opportunities, starting with preparing you for success with our hands-on technical training program. Tesla Field Energy Operations Team members will be required to travel to a specific training center for new employee on-boarding for two (2) to four (4) weeks depending on the role assigned.Duties/Responsibilities
- Onsite leader considered an expert in all aspects of energy system installation, responsible for mentoring and training crew members on new processes, concepts, and products
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in the customary and regular management of the installation team to meet departmental goals via appropriate allocation of workload, effectively managing resources and tracking goals with regards to safety, quality and efficiency.
- Consistently track and monitor productivity goals and communicate areas of opportunity to the crew to contribute to overall improvement
- Meet or exceed Safety, Quality and Productivity targets
- Represent Tesla in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company.
- Participate in recruiting cycle, onboarding, and training of new team members to ensure success of all members of the crew
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders across the organization.
- Create a culture focused on safety using systems of accountability and recognition while following safety policies and procedures as outlined by state, local, OSHA, and Tesla policies
- Assist the Associate Manager for the region with any specific tasks and/or responsibilities
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Supervisory skillset to proactively guide and train team members to ensure compliance and the ability to teach crew members on how to resolve equipment issues and failures onsite
- Strong customer service and communication skillsets, and ability to provide exceptional customer experience on site at all times
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods preferred
- Strong familiarity with solar and energy storage products preferred
- Ability to lead teams through change, working well under pressure to manage competing demands through tight deadlines
- Experience in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including but not limited to colleagues and customers
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and customer account management software
- Physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Ability to travel overnight for more than 20% of the time, depending on region
- Travel is mandatory for all Field Operations roles and will vary dependent on the business needs. Energy Leaders will be required to travel for 20%+, depending on the needs within the local teams within the region
- All candidates must successfully complete and pass MVR background check
- Construction management as well as 2+ years applicable leadership development experience is preferred
- Previous related experience preferred
- Must be able to work in all outdoor weather conditions
- Constantly lift and bend to move equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must meet all regulatory standards for working at heights including: ability to safely climb and utilize health access equipment, including ladders rated for 325 lbs., ability to utilize conventional fall protection safety equipment, to meet regulatory fall protection standards for at height work, rated at 310lbs. https://www.osha.gov/laws regs/regulations/standard number/1926/1926.502
- As a full time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- United Healthcare PPO and HSA plans
- 2 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)