We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Project Manager to support our Supply Chain Organization in strategic procurement topics with a focus on supplier due diligence and engagement. You will be part of a team that is positioned independently from any commodity and serves as an internal supply chain optimization group. Your focus will be on continuous improvement topics within supply chain that are prioritized based on business criticality.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be engaging with Tesla’s supply chain team as well as external suppliers to monitor and assess compliance as well as identify risks in environmental, social and governance areas. The role requires strong cross-functional working relationships with our supply chain, sustainability, compliance, internal audit, and legal teams. You will interact with both key leadership personnel as well as day-to-day operations on a regular basis and hence require the ability to perform hands on operational tasks as well as strategize on longer term solutions. You will require a sharp business focus, a collaborative style of working, and a proactive and critical mindset. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing as well as presentation skills are crucial, as is the ability to synthesize complex issues, drive desired outcomes, and influence stakeholders across functions inside and outside Tesla. Tesla is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes. The successful candidate is a self-starter with extensive knowledge of operational as well as strategic procurement topics and continuously demonstrates an ability to tackle complex problems and implement solutions.
- Lead Tesla’s global supplier due diligence and engagement program.
- Conduct regular due diligence review and risk assessment of Tesla’s conflict minerals and cobalt supply chain as well as identify and prioritize respective areas of improvement. Drive continuous improvement of Tesla’s supply chain towards conflict-free sourcing.
- Develop mechanisms to collect, interpret, and analyze relevant data to monitor progress against goals, identify opportunities for improvement, and communicate success.
- Monitor compliance with the Tesla Supplier Code of Conduct and other required international labor, social, environmental, health and safety regulations as well as standards for supply chain due diligence.
- Draft Tesla’s annual conflict minerals report, incorporating annual improvement efforts/findings and serve as point of contact for any internal and external related requests.
- Support with regulatory documentation to ensure availability for audits and identify areas where public accessibility to such documentation is mandated or preferred.
- Continue development of Tesla’s supplier assessment approach on a range of topics exposing Tesla to potential supply disruption risk.
- As project lead, document project approach, timelines, milestones, and deliverables and present to project steering committee.
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams to facilitate engagement.
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business or Engineering and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- 3+ years of strategic and operational supplier due diligence experience in automotive, consulting and/or tech industry.
- Substantial knowledge of supply chain regulatory directives, regulations and standards including Conflict Minerals, UK Modern Slavery, Australia Modern Slavery.
- Experience interacting with large and diverse supply base, preferably in the automotive, technology or energy sector.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Background in supply chain sustainability, responsible sourcing, and/or mining preferred.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct results-oriented supply chain expertise.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage regulatory analysis and implementation with demanding deadlines.
- Exceptional communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working across and successfully influencing multiple internal stakeholders.