Project Coordinator, Electrical
Project Coordinator, Electrical
: National – Field Offices
Project Coordinator Supervisor
The Tesla team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent.
The Electrical Project Coordinator will report up to the Project Coordinator Supervisor
and is responsible for providing assistance on specific steps of a residential electrical upgrade for a segment of our customers receiving PV systems, throughout the U.S. This position will be responsible for managing various steps in electrical project cycles, including; technical review, quotes, customer negotiations, scheduling, and maintenance. This will require strong residential construction focus, ability to coordinate high volume construction projects from remote location, and insure the Project Advisor is informed on all details of various projects in a timely manner.
The Electrical Project Coordinator will need to be an expert in electrical systems and national building codes, as well as local building department enforcements, and heavy emphasis on regional staff coordination. The Project Coordinator must be extremely detail oriented and a focused on team throughput. This requires strong communication skills to help multiple sectors of the company remain on the same page. These same communication skills will be utilized to both create new and cultivate existing relationships between Tesla and its subcontractors.
- Lead supplier and sub-contractor negotiations for electrical project cost across the company
- Under tight deadlines, be able to manage a large volume of short duration electrical projects
- Manage the detailing, costing, price negotiation and scheduling of electrical projects associated with retrofit PV systems
- Strong emphasis on cost and profitability review
- Constant process development to make sure that Tesla is always finding ways to improve the customer experience and reduce costs
- Ability to use photos and construction plans to develop project scope of work and cost
- Ensure projects are moving through in a timely manner by fulfilling defined Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Works cross functionally with Tesla Departments to ensure client needs and internal deadlines are met
- Be able to make daily and independent decisions on technical construction
- Track all projects through the completion of construction while communicating clearly and effectively on project status
- Work closely with Supervisor, Local Operations teams, and approved sub-contractor vendors
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed
- Minimum 1 year experience in construction project management preferred
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on customer account management software, Google Earth, and Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of residential construction and National Building Codes
- Work experience with construction drawings and associated symbols required
- Experience with Solar PV project management is preferred
- Competitive, goal oriented, well organized and highly detailed
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to lead coworkers to increased throughput
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required