The Project Coordinator plays a pivotal role in the progress of Tesla’s new Solar Roof installations. This position will be responsible for managing jobs through several key phases of the job cycle, including initial review to identify potential complexities and provide creative, yet practical, construction solutions and their associated costs, and coordinating with our subcontractors and local operations to ensure a seamless installation. The Solar Roof Project Coordinator also serves as technical advisor to the Design and Sales Teams as well as local operations. This requires a strong background in residential construction, an ability to follow through on a high volume of construction projects from a remote location, and strong communication skills to help multiple sectors of the company remain on the same page. These same communication skills will be utilized to both create new and cultivate existing relationships between Tesla and its subcontractors.
- Under tight deadlines, review a high volume of potential projects and manage the detailing and costing as they move to contract generation.
- Use photos and construction plans to develop project scope of work and cost.
- Ensure projects are moving through in a timely manner by fulfilling defined Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Work cross-functionally with other Tesla Departments to ensure client needs and internal deadlines are met.
- Track all projects from inception to installation while communicating clearly and effectively on job status.
- Be open to frequent process development ensuring Tesla is always finding ways to improve the customer experience and reduce costs.
- Assist in the identification of regions under-supported by authorized subcontractors and/or anticipate future areas of need based on installation forecasts.
- Identify potential subcontractors that would likely be both interested and a successful match for Tesla partnership.
- Through excellent communication/sales skills, reach out to candidates for subcontractor on-boarding and help convince them of the benefits to Tesla affiliation.
- Serve as the directly responsible individual to ensure each project’s success.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management, or related field, OR equivalent professional experience in the construction or PV industry in a decision-making capacity
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Customer account management software, Google Earth, and Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of residential construction and National Building Codes
- Prior experience managing and scheduling multiple construction projects simultaneously a plus
- Experience on a construction crew with a framing, siding, and/or roofing focus preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required
- Must possess an ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must be competitive, well-organized, highly detailed, and committed to deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills required
- Must be a self-starter able to work autonomously while making critical decisions
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance required. Must also be available to work all required shift hours, overtime, and weekends, as needed.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- As a full time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts