Become a Tesla Production Associate and earn $17/hour*.*Night shifts will earn a shift premium.The Role
As a Production Associate, you will be trained on how to help build the most exciting, environmentally friendly vehicles on the planet. If you have a strong work ethic, are reliable and value teamwork in a fast-paced and safety-focused environment we want to hear from you! No prior manufacturing experience is required.Responsibilities
Work Environment / Essential Physical Demands
- Punctuality and a professional, can-do attitude are a must.
- Perform complex assembly work. Tasks require the use of state of art manufacturing tools, precision measuring equipment, and machinery.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions for specialized equipment.
- Complete standard work process and follow trained procedures.
- Operate complex manufacturing equipment under supervision.
- Escalate technical problems to the appropriate support groups and leaders.
- Follow safety guidelines & procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Evaluates the assembly processes and equipment to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned/support cross-functional teams.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for extended periods of time, up to 12 hours a day including but not limited to:
- Frequently and repetitively, lift, push and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Frequently and repetitively, bend, lift and reach.
- Stoop, lay, bend, reach, squat, kneel, crouch, twist and crawl for extended periods of time.
- Frequently and repetitively, climb a 10” step and back down.
- Ability to find issues in a work process and receive safety signals using sight, touch, or hearing.
- Open to schedule flexibility that will allow for a variety of shifts, including weekends as needed.
- Potential exposure to confined spaces and hazardous materials.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to: safety glasses, safety shoes, bump caps, and adhering to prescribed safety rules and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills & adapt to new work environments.
- Comfortable learning new technology.
- Must have command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills are strongly preferred (use of Word, Excel & Outlook programs).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- All potential employees will be required to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
- As a full-time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- United Healthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.55 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance