Process Engineering Technician
Tesla is looking for an Engineering Technician to (1) accelerate the development of our cutting edge cell assembly equipment and processes and (2) implement improvements into production equipment. Working closely with manufacturing engineers and process development engineers, the ideal candidate will play a key role in reducing cost and increasing capacity by improving existing factory equipment and introducing new factory equipment. This is an excellent opportunity to build new high speed manufacturing equipment right here in the Bay Area. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on critical subsystems of an incredibly exciting product.
This Engineering Technician will work in the development area where we fabricate and assemble our next-level factory equipment. A key part of the role will be keeping this space organized, well-stocked, and well-tooled.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, craftsmanship, organizational skills and attention to detail. Tesla is an environment where high quality work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded; individuals are empowered to take ownership of their work. The ideal candidate will learn an incredible amount on the job, works efficiently with minimal guidance and can provide guidance to more junior peers.
· Assist with equipment and process validations, optimizations, and characterizations to reduce cost and increase capacity
· Support and troubleshooting of equipment and assist with knowledge transfer to production
· Execute tasks independently
· Oversee and advise the group’s other technicians’ craftsmanship.
· Lead other technicians’ work on large assembly projects.
· Work closely with the maintenance group, equipping them to successfully complete Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMI)
· Communicate with the responsible engineers for equipment projects, highlighting issues and brainstorming solutions.
· Hands on experience working with automation equipment
· Some experience with the following equipment filling, capping/crimping, laser marking vision inspection conveyance
· Have a good mix of working with a variety of materials and off the shelf components
· Experience in characterizing and validating new equipment and fixtures capability, repeatability and capacity prior to introduction to the production floor
· Experience introducing new products and new processes into a production environment
· Knowledgeable about production quality metrics is a plus
· Experience in maintenance and calibration of process equipment
· Basic user-level knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, PLM,ERP
· Experience sourcing parts from local shops, with PO experience preferred
· Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
· Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
· Organized with meticulous attention to detail
· Machine Shop experience is preferred but not mandatory
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 - $37.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Process Technician: 2 years (Required)