Provide engineering support and solution enabling the manufacturing line to produce and deliver highest quality products on time. Own process qualification, characterization, control, and improvement for the manufacturing line on variety processes including HPDC (High Pressure Die Casting) and its subsequent processes. Main tasks include disposition of non-conformance materials that come from the manufacturing line, response to out-of-control process, work on yield improvement projects, and qualify new equipment and process that are being introduced into the manufacturing line. Spearhead Lean manufacturing activities, and support production in various areas such as material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures. Manage workload with a positive attitude as a team player in a collaborative work environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining casting process and its corresponding/subsequent processes for new and existing products and machines/robots
- Develop and maintain up-to-date process qualification procedures and checklists, and have them available to production
- Establish robust process control and monitoring system for HPDC and its subsequent processes to ensure quality of high performance structural castings
- Responsible for maintaining casting die’s cooling circuit diagrams and their management
- Responsible for up-to-date process parameter fingerprinting
- Own all process-related changes and the change control associated with process
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedure and quality assurance documents, including, but not limited to, work instruction, health of the line monitor (such as pre-flight or process checklist), PFMEA, process parameter fingerprinting, Out-of-Control-Action-Plan, Control Plan, troubleshooting guidelines, etc.
- Lead the first responder team to process excursions
- Ensure all non-conformance materials produced by manufacturing lines are dispositioned properly and on time
- Own and document rework process for non-conformance materials
- Lead root cause analysis and implement effective counter measures for process excursions
- Responsible for yield attainment of the manufacturing line
- Establish real time SPC for all critical process parameters and Cpk >1.33
- Lead Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, and 5S initiatives
- Assist in the training of operators as needed
- Lead and manage process technicians supporting day to day coverage of manufacturing line processes, including rapid response on out-of-control processes to minimize cost and maximize productivity
- BS/MS Degree on Chemical/Material/Electrical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Ability to manage technicians from multiple disciplines/levels.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Power point, Visio, Access, etc).
- Knowledge of process development, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), & FMEA fundamentals are required.
- Experience in engineering or manufacturing division associated with HPDC preferred.
- Ability to handle FANUC robots is required.
- Intelligent Risk taking, Integrated thinking, strong leadership, strong problem solving, and technical communication skills are a MUST.