The purpose of the Tesla Materials Engineering organization is to facilitate the Tesla mission of accelerating the world to sustainable transportation via identification, development and insertion of advanced materials and processes while supporting other Tesla Engineering and Manufacturing functions with materials expertise.
- The team is seeking a materials/Chemical engineering student as an intern to join the Tesla China Polymer Material Team and to support material applications and improvement for on-going processes, material changes, and VOC/Odor issues at our Tesla Factory in Shanghai. We are looking for the student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of polymer materials engineering and product development.
- Assist China Polymer Materials engineering to verify the material test data and status;
- Coordinate suppliers to ensure the material validation going smoothly;
- Interface with quality team and Interior team to follow up VOC/Odor issues
- Assist localization activity from Polymer Materials engineering
- Support Global Polymer engineering team as needed.
- Junior/Senior college/graduate student from Materials/Chemical engineering or related background;
- Passionate about Tesla and willing to make impact and think out of box;
- Proven record of excellence
Good communication and presentation.