We are seeking motivated and sharp individuals to join our growing quality team. This is a fast-paced environment where materials and process development is driving constant change. You will be working alongside the production and engineering teams to drive rapid improvements and sustainability of the line.
The position will be based in Plastics Center department, Fremont CA.
- Operate in the ‘inspect, diagnose and repair’ mindset.
- Work closely with manufacturing, process, and quality teams to establish processes and procedures that will ensure consistently high quality.
- Comprehend current production quality trends based on dashboards or from occurrences in the line.
- Rapidly communicate emerging and trending quality issues.
- Execute timely corrective action for quality mitigation and containment.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to support investigation, containment and execution for strategic quality issues.
- Coach and trainer to associates regarding quality, repair and rectification.
- Flexibility for dynamic changes in day to day work as it pertains to daily quality priorities.
- Maintain quality performance metrics and drive issues to root cause solutions. Root Cause Analysis is HUGE.
- Audit manufacturing line against released manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of manufacturing quality issues, contain parts or products as needed, sort parts for quality requirements.
- Monitor quality, determine the root cause of problems and implement corrective actions and countermeasures.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, with manufacturing and external suppliers.
- Take part in an ongoing optimization of the products with respect to both cost and production technology.
- Support FMEA activities to ensure design and manufacturing issues are identified and risks mitigated.
- Analyze and disposition component and product defects as a member of the Material Review Board.
- Analyze and interpret data independently.
- Anticipate potential problems and take preventative action.
- Experience within quality systems in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in injection molding quality and exterior sub-assembly preferred.
- Experience in checking fixture and dimension analysis preferred.
- Experience with extensive problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Ability to generate dimensional analysis report, perform gage R&R, and as well various fascia functional test
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, ability to cover multiple manufacturing process lines as well as communication with customers (Plastics Paint & General Assembly).
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with basic MS Word/Excel is required.
- Ability to use technological tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data.
- Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware and standard software.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices, 5S, TPS, TQM, etc highly desire.
- GD&T Knowledge is preferred.