Tesla Motors is looking for an experienced Parts Advisor to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position requires a significant amount of customer interaction, so the ideal candidate will not only possess the customer service acumen, but also the ability to provide a basic level of technical support service. The role will require travel as needed and directed by management. If you are interested in becoming a part of a world-class service team supporting the latest EV technology, we are interested in hearing from you.
- Answer phone calls, emails and drive-ins to address any customer concern with the highest level of response and attention.
- Return missed phone calls and emails promptly – 5 minutes or less.
- Receive stock, pick, ship and transact materials inventory to support the needs of vehicle service.
- Accurately record parts transactions and data into Dealer Management System – attention to detail critical.
- Conduct Transactions w/ systems; walk customer through order and provide summary.
- Escalate any issues that need to be addressed to correct any inbound packaging issues from our internal and external suppliers.
- Maintain records of time, expenses and materials.
- Communicate estimated parts ship and arrival time, including regular updates.
- Follow up with customer on parts order and ensure complete satisfaction with the order.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Help maintain cleanliness of service center.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Pick up and deliver parts using full size van and 20ft trailer.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Understanding of basic automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles.
- Experience in automotive equipment and servicing methods.
- Dealer Business Process and Best Practice.
- DMS Systems, SAP, MS Office Suite.
- 1-3 yrs experience in the automotive industry, 2-5 years material service and distribution experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
- Maintain and perform top-level professional integrity and appearance as a parts advisor.
- ASE Certification a plus.
- Degree or Certificate from a University program in Automotive Technology a plus.
- Dealer automotive service experience a plus.
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts