The Lead Installer will be part of Tesla’s Field Energy Operations team. As a leader at Tesla, the Lead Installer will continuously model to others Tesla standards and responsibilities including policy compliance, quality standards, and efficiency goals. The ideal candidate will work cooperatively with team members to successfully complete the installation and maintenance of energy products safely and on time.
- Considered a subject matter expert in energy system installation and is capable of training and mentoring others, may be responsible for a group or team
- Able to supervise the jobsite and proactively guides and trains team members to ensure compliance
- Able to install and commission energy systems on roofs including array layout, and mounting hardware based on site conditions and customers’ needs and expectations
- Proactively resolves equipment and system issues and is able to troubleshoot and overcome obstacles onsite.
- Applies advanced knowledge to improve processes and proactively reviews workmanship onsite
- Collaborates with warehouse team to ensure all materials and equipment necessary for installation are available onsite and communicates job status to customer and leadership
- Able to understand productivity goals and drive team members to improve efficiency
- Ensures that equipment is weather sealed
- Performs routine maintenance on energy systems
- Capable of completing work both with a team and as a lone worker
- Attend weekly team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of PV equipment and installation
- Experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry preferred
- Extensive knowledge of electrical wiring and equipment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read building plans and equipment manuals
- Ability to safely handle power tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Able to bend conduit unassisted.
- Excellent customer service and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills preferred
- Excellent attendance is essential for the team to achieve success
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business need. Employees must be able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, several times a year, to various locations within the US.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational or technical school training preferred
- Previous related experience preferred
Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
- Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and United Healthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Candidates must successfully complete and pass MVR background check