Championing Tesla’s Service efforts means you’ll be the first Tesla Service member in the market setting Tesla’s exceptional standards. Mobile Service Technicians are the leaders of our service teams in new markets and are solely responsible for the effective and efficient day to day service operation ensuring customer satisfaction is premium. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering an impeccable service experience to each and every Tesla customer while preparing Tesla Service teams to meet the needs of our Model S, Model X, Model 3 customers and beyond. This role will be a hands on technical role with wonderful opportunity for growth and development in our Service Center.Responsibilities:
Our Service team must deliver excellent results and achieve goals quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.Customer focused:
Our customers are changing the world, and it is your responsibility to exceed their expectations of what a service experience should be. We expect you to go above and beyond for our customers. You will actively monitor customer service trends to make necessary improvements, and assist your team in developing appropriate standards and processes to continuously elevate the overall service experience.People:
Our Mobile Service Technician will set the example. We expect you to put your team’s success before your own, and actively involve yourself in your team members’ growth and development. Your team will look to you to set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment. We will look to you to build a team of top talent and mentor the next generation of Tesla leaders. Our Leading Technicians are the coaches of their teams – you must provide regular coaching and feedback, and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day.Operational excellence:
As a Mobile Service Technician, you must understand and own every aspect of your service center’s performance. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions.Requirements:
- Educational experience: Qualified motor mechanic, Diagnostic Technician and/or Master Technician.
- Factory Trained Master or Diagnostic Technician Status/OEM Training.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicle including testing, diagnosis, HVAC service, hydraulic, brakes, testing and repair of electronic systems and modules.
- Knowledge of extensive skill and experience using diagnostic scan tools, following diagnostics and operating scopes.
- Hybrid Experience a Bonus.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance required.
- HVAC Licensing that meets local standards preferred.
- Good verbal English capabilities.
- Professional experience: Prior leadership experience in a service-focused industry.
- Occasional travel will be required both interstate and international.
- Be a leader and a team-player. You will be required to be ‘hands on’ with Tesla vehicles particularly in the initial stages of our development.
- Love to change the status quo and work well in high-pressure situations. Exceptional prioritization and time management skills are essential for success.
- Be strategic and proactive. You must think and plan ahead to give your team the tools they need to be successful.
- Be self-aware, flexible and open-minded. You are in a startup environment championing and rolling out local service efforts.
- Possess a rare combination of analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset.
- Be an advocate for your customers and your team. Your success depends on theirs.
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible