As a Mechanical Design Engineer for the Mobile Robot Team you will design and optimize mechanisms for precision, durability, cost, and manufacturing, as well as, develop product and component requirements.
- Exercise strong mechanical intuition to apply fundamentals in practice.
- Design and optimize structures for mass, stiffness, cost, and manufacturing.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts to create a cohesive and balanced product.
- Fabricate prototypes, iterate rapidly, advance your concepts through to volume production.
- Develop specifications and accelerated test plans to validate the product for its determined lifetime.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or Mechatronics
- Proficiency in designing parts and assemblies using 3D modeling software (CATIA preferred)
- Experience drafting engineering drawings and conducting tolerance stack-up analysis (GD&T bonus)
- Strong foundation in materials science and practice with selection
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Passion for hard problems, and resilience to persevere
- Robotics and precision machinery
- Kinematics and multi-body system modeling
- FEA, simulation, topology optimization
- MATLAB, Simulink, or equivalent simulation tools
- High-volume manufacturing processes (injection molding, casting, extrusion)
- Low-volume/prototype processes (composites, additive manufacturing, precision machining)
- Data acquisition and synthesis
- Program management and supplier management
- Leading technical teams through adverse challenges