Become a Tesla Material Handler and earn $17/hour*.*Night shifts will earn a shift premium.The Role
As a Material Handler, you will be trained to drive productivity on the Production Line and in Tesla Warehouses for the building of Tesla’s vehicle components and energy products. If you have a strong work ethic, are reliable and value teamwork in a fast-paced and safety-focused environment we want to hear from you! Tesla will provide forklift training and certification in this driving role. No prior warehouse experience is required.Responsibilities
Work Environment / Essential Physical Demands
- Punctuality and a professional, can-do attitude are a must.
- Locate and acquire parts from the production line.
- Deliver parts to the production line and prepare shipments for offsite locations.
- Stock and organize inventory.
- Operate safety sensitive and heavy equipment such as forklifts, tuggers, pallet jacks, flatbed carts, and more.
- Load and unload material onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, pallets, conveyor system carts, balers, and/or load gratings.
- Assemble crates and containers, and prepare materials for transport by palletizing, wrapping, loading, and moving.
- Follow safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- Evaluates the assembly processes and equipment to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for extended periods of time, up to 12 hours a day including but not limited to:
- Frequently and repetitively, lift, push and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Frequently and repetitively, bend, lift and reach.
- Stoop, lay, bend, reach, squat, kneel, crouch, twist and crawl for extended periods of time.
- Climb on and off a forklift using a 3-point grasp and an 11” step.
- Ability to find issues in a work process and receive safety signals using sight, touch, or hearing.
- Open to schedule flexibility that will allow for a variety of shifts including weekends.
- Potential exposure to confined spaces and hazardous materials.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to: safety glasses, safety shoes, bump caps, and adhering to prescribed safety rules and guidelines.
- Must have command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills are strongly preferred (use of Word, Excel & Outlook program)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- All potential employees will be required to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
- Employee Benefits
- As a full-time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- United Healthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.55 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place