The Material Handler at our Energy Distribution Center will primarily move materials within the distribution center. He/she will accurately receive, verify, inspect, count, stock and pick materials according to procedure while interacting with employees of all levels in different areas of the organization.
- Receive, verify, inspect, count, and stock materials according to procedure.
- Load and unload materials onto or from carts/pallets/racks for movement or storage, by hand or using material handling equipment.
- Maintain accurate counts and system records for all material transactions.
- Perform daily, monthly, and quarterly physical inventory cycle counts as required.
- Work with local supervisor and peers to continually improve processes and procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Adhere to all safety practices and policies.
- High School Diploma and/or the equivalent experience in manufacturing/distribution environment preferred.
- Prior experience accurately completing data entry in warehouse management system desired.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Ability to excel in and foster a collaborative team environment. Working as a team player, interacting with employees of all levels of the organization.
- Ability to move materials throughout a warehouse environment.
- Ability to operate forklifts, pallet jacks, or dollies safely required.
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to regularly lift, bend, stoop, kneel, reach and stand for extended periods of time.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects with competing demands and deadlines.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills required, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance require
Valid Driver's license required
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Back-up childcare and employee discounts