Tesla looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to join the Plastics Manufacturing Engineering Team. You will be the subject matter expert equipment issues encompassing electrical/PLC, robotics, mechanical, welding, machining, hydraulics/pneumatics, conveyor systems, etc. You will be proactive in improvement projects, multitasking, and refocusing to meet constantly shifting demands in a fast-paced environment. You will demonstrate leadership to drive the completion of cross-functional collaboration projects on or ahead of schedule.
- Diagnose equipment failures, finds root causes, and implement hard fixes.
- Become an expert trainer on all machines and be responsible for up leveling shift technicians.
- Create, implement and improve preventative maintenance documents and schedules.
- Day to day coverage of production line equipment: quickly respond to alarms, breakdowns.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Investigate and implement countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechatronics, or mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2+ years of engineering experience in an Injection molding facility.
- Basic understanding of GD&T as well as weld symbols.
- Familiarity with industrial robots (Kuka, Fanuc, etc.) and controls systems (Siemens, Rockwell, etc.)
- Experience with Engel machines preferred.