Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and deeply process oriented Logistics Coordinator to join our growing Supply Chain team. The team are responsible for all component logistics for the entire EMEA organisation.
In the Logistics Coordinator role, you will manage critical domestic and international shipments to support Tesla’s vehicle production, service and energy distribution, and everything in between. You will gain invaluable experience about Tesla’s supply chain and understand our processes from the ground up. This is a highly visible role that will involve interaction with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally including bodyshops, e-commerce, service centres and our logistics partners. The Logistics Coordinator will also be responsible for ensuring our internal systems are kept accurate and up to date to manage a high volume of internal shipments.
- You will have ownership of all shipment bookings for the facility across multiple transport and logistics providers.
- You will manage dock organization and shipping supplies across the whole facility.
- Schedule pick-ups with vendors and monitor shipments in transit, including managing any issues that occur in transit.
- You will be expected to find and deliver cost effective solutions to ship freight within expected requirements.
- You will take responsibility of identifying and label hazardous materials and ensuring paperwork provided to our vendors is correct and up to date.
- Provide all required shipping documentation for both import and export functions.
- You will identify, process and correct miscellaneous shipment cost issues.
- A background in shipping or logistics as this would be preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite including Excel
- Dangerous goods trained or certified preferred
- Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations preferred
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Fluent in English - other European languages are a plus.
- Flexible schedule - may work some off hours.
- A driving license would be a plus