Tesla is seeking a Lead Engineering Technician, Quality Systems to support the development and implementation of a robust quality system that can be scaled for all of Tesla’s vehicle products. Specifically, this position will involve the pressure testing, validation, and continuous improvement of manufacturing quality systems across Tesla’s growing number of factories.
The person selected for this role will have a unique opportunity to help define the future of the team as it grows to serve all vehicle products produced across multiple factories. The nature of the work will be hands-on and fast-paced, with the opportunity to meaningfully improve the experience of Tesla’s products by reducing production quality and field issues.
Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders to translate business process needs into software design requirements
- Work closely with production, process and factory software team counterparts to define functional requirements of software tools; support testing and validation of software features in a live production environment
- Interface between factory software and production teams to increase knowledge and establish a feedback loop for continuous improvement
- Support the definition of functional configuration and software standards to be upheld across product lines
- Perform systems validation for new lines and product launches
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities (potential gaps between process and system) and work with relevant teams to develop and implement solutions (i.e. support issue resolution from root-cause analysis to countermeasure implementation)
- Perform training to various functions on standards and new / existing features and functionality
- Act as a business point of contact for users for day-to-day queries and adoption
- Monitor health of system and support the definition and rollout of a quality systems audit plan
Bachelor's degree or higher in quantitative discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) preferred
- Strong demonstrable experience with manufacturing execution systems
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a related role in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of software functionality and / or database design in order to work closely with a development team to translate business needs into software solutions.
- Preferred: Experience troubleshooting issues and implementing solutions in a live production environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate across diverse functional groups. Must have a passion for problem-solving and improving quality standards