Tesla has an opportunity for an IT Manufacturing Support Technician at its Gigafactory, NV location for a Nights and Weekends shift.
If you are a technical expert in various areas, thrive under pressure, enjoy solving problems, love working your way through chaos, and get bored with mundane IT tasks, then this role is for you. The IT Manufacturing Support Technician is a unique role on the front lines of Tesla manufacturing. We solve problems every day and interact with different technologies to support Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to keep manufacturing lines running.
- Install, support, upgrade, replace, and remediate all IT hardware along manufacturing lines.
- Quickly respond to requests and incidents from our customers.
- Troubleshoot Hardware, Operating System and software issues.
- Troubleshoot Network issues from the client up to the switch and IDF.
- Interface with the various manufacturing groups to understand issues.
- Interpret how to solve long term needs within the framework of IT MFG standards.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a desktop support or system admin role.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on Windows machines.
- Experience troubleshooting printings, barcode scanners, hand held radios, digital signage.
- Experience troubleshooting basic client-side network (DHCP, DNS, Static IP) problems.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be available for night shift, weekends, and on-call support.
- Linux support experience a plus.
- Network hardware support experience a plus.
- Dev/Ops experience a plus.