The Role: As an analyst for Inventory Control, the team member’s responsibilities will be focused on maintaining accurate systematic inventory to support vehicle manufacturing. This team member will be required to work with multiple organizations to minimize inventory variances and implement improved processes to increase overall inventory accuracy.
- Resolving discrepancies, examine and investigate misidentified or out of balance items with root cause analysis and identifying necessary preventive measure to assure there are no re-occurrence.
- Identify problematic inventory records/transactions, assure inventory balances are accurately maintained in all affect systems, and with permission from management make appropriate adjustments.
- Compiles, verifies and reports monthly statistical information to management regarding inventory trends.
- Conduct daily inventory transactions in the ERP/MRP/MES systems to ensure inventory accuracy and provide real time data. These transactions are performed in various internal Tesla systems. The transactions include but are not limited to inventory receipts and cost center issues, production orders, inventory location movements, and authorized adjustments.
- Resolve process issues related to material managements, warehousing, and production control.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Quality, Engineering, Warehouse, Production, Logistics, and Purchasing) to ensure inventory control practices are being followed and assist in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Be a liaison to internal and external associates regarding Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) operations and activities; work closely with 3PL ensuring bonded and domestic goods are properly identified, handled, and received into the zone.
degree in business, math, or supply chain.
Manufacturing environment Inventory Control experience.
Knowledge of ERP/MRP/WMS fundamentals related to Material Master and Inventory Control Modules.
Strong understanding of Raw Materials, Work-In-Process (WIP), Subassemblies and Finish Good inventory and processes.
Have the ability to understand and analyze Engineering BOM (EBOM) & Manufacturing BOM (MBOM) structure and changes.
Proficient in Microsoft office, Outlook and Google sheets
A proactive approach to problem solving
Strong aptitude to learn new systems and system functions
Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
Ability to multitask in fast paced environment