The Tesla Energy Operations Team is a group of highly skilled, uniquely talented people passionate about working together towards the goal of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. As a leader at Tesla, we expect a proven track record of successfully managing, training, and coaching a team to success. We are seeking tenacious leaders who have what it takes to accelerate the world towards a more sustainable future. Come join us!
An Installation Supervisor is primarily engaged in the supervision, mentorship, and guidance of a local installation team so they are able to continuously develop as employees, whilst delivering to Tesla standards. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day hands-on supervision on site to the Field Energy Operations team and report to the regional Associate Manager on safety, quality, and efficiency metrics. The Installation Supervisor will coordinate with all regional staff on materials, logistics, permits and inspections to ensure the full job cycle is complete, exceeding expectations for the customers.
At Tesla, we provide employees with top-notch training and support for success and expect high level of integrity and workmanship to lead our teams to improve the lives of our customers and the world. We prioritize a pathway for career growth opportunities, starting with preparing you for success with our hands-on technical training program. Tesla Field Energy Operations Team members will be required to travel to a specific training center for new employee on-boarding for two (2) to four (4) weeks depending on the role assigned.
Onsite leader considered an expert in all aspects of energy system installation, responsible for mentoring and training crew members on new processes, concepts, and products
Exercise independent judgment and discretion in the customary and regular management of the installation team to meet departmental goals via appropriate allocation of workload, effectively managing resources and tracking goals with regards to safety, quality and efficiency.
Consistently track and monitor productivity goals and communicate areas of opportunity to the crew to contribute to overall improvement
- Meet or exceed Safety, Quality and Productivity targets
- Represent Tesla in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company.
- Participate in recruiting cycle, onboarding, and training of new team members to ensure success of all members of the crew
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders across the organization.
- Create a culture focused on safety using systems of accountability and recognition while following safety policies and procedures as outlined by state, local, OSHA, and Tesla policies
- Assist the Associate Manager for the region with any specific tasks and/or responsibilities
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Administrative support of employees via time keeping, performance reviews, and other applicable HR related policy needs
Supervisory skillset to proactively guide and train team members to ensure compliance and the ability to teach crew members on how to resolve equipment issues and failures onsite
Strong customer service and communication skillsets, and ability to provide exceptional customer experience on site at all times
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods preferred
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and customer account management software
Physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
Ability to travel overnight for more than 20% of the time, depending on region
Travel is mandatory for all Field Operations roles and will vary dependent on the business needs. Energy Leaders will be required to travel for 20%+, depending on the needs within the local teams within the region
All candidates must successfully complete and pass MVR background check
Education and Experience
Construction management as well as 2+ years applicable leadership development experience is preferred
Previous related experience preferred
Must be able to work in all outdoor weather conditions
Constantly lift and bend to move equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds
Must meet all regulatory standards for working at heights including: ability to safely climb and utilize health access equipment, including ladders rated for 325 lbs., ability to utilize conventional fall protection safety equipment, to meet regulatory fall protection standards for at height work, rated at 310lbs. https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1926/1926.502
As a full time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- United Healthcare PPO and HSA plans
- 2 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts