The Installation Quality Specialist (IQS) will be the critical link between Commercial Energy field installations, construction managers and operations leadership, Channel account managers, and the Commercial Training and Quality Program Managers. They will be the primary agent in a positive feedback loop to improve and maintain installation quality in the region through data collection and direct communication and interaction with operations and installation crews.
The primary function of the IQS is to perform “in Progress” and “Final” Installation Quality (IQ) Inspections and/or On-the-Job-Trainings (OJT’s) with Direct and Certified installers in all markets. Inspections/trainings will be conducted according to the published Tesla Energy Quality Standards, and all captured data will be entered into the Quality audit database for real-time reporting and sharing within and among all channels.
The IQS will also work with their regional and/or national Quality Managers to create reports and content based on recent findings which will be presented to construction managers, project managers, individual crews, or partnering companies on a regular basis through email reporting and meetings. The IQS will also be available to assist with the launching of new products or process changes to existing products or installation procedures or to work with teams that may be falling behind or having other systemic issues. The IQS will be an essential part of field testing and launching new products at the regional level.
The Installation Quality Specialist must lead by example and provide the proper messaging and tone to their teammates and colleagues in Direct and Certified Installation Field Operations. This includes following all safety policies and installation best practices, and providing best-in-the-world customer service. This also means serving as a field-facing ambassador who represents Tesla’s company culture and values, and who fosters a team spirit and supportive atmosphere for all employees. The IQS will be instrumental in creating and maintaining a culture of quality within their region. It is necessary that they behave transparently, are self-directed, and believe in Tesla’s cause and vision for achieving it.
As a representative of the Quality team, it is critical that the IQS shares the tools and messaging formulated by their teammates, manager, and HQ-based quality team.
- Perform IQ audits on the maximum number of Commercial Energy installations and compile data based on the Quality Standards and Best Practices
- Work with new or troubled crews to implement Best Practices and Quality Standards: field work, targeted trainings, consistent communication on pertinent quality subjects driven by quality data trends and observations
- Regularly visit project sites and present feedback directly to Teams and Management
- Serve as a valued resource and Subject Matter Expert on installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting
- Participate in pilot programs to deploy new products or processes and provide clear feedback to IQM and HQ team
- Act as the HQ operations team representative to spearhead new product deployment efforts in the region
- Minimum 3 years of Solar or Quality Assurance experience
- Extensive knowledge of Energy Products installation practices
- An eye for detail and understanding of quality and long-term performance of installed systems
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate and effectively manage professional relationships within the Quality Department and outside of the Quality Department
- Enthusiasm for developing public speaking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal screen. Additional pre-employment driving and drug screens may be required based on job responsibilities
- Must have a flexible travel schedule, will travel 60%-80% of the time and should have no travel restrictions
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Electrical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Quality assurance: 3 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel: